Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old May 30, 2006, 9:07 AM   #1

I took some photos of some friends this past weekend, family shots, at 9am at a local spot here that is the tip if an island with rocks/cliffs all along the shoreline. I knew the sun would be beaming everywhere, but they couldn't do any earlier or later in the day like I suggested since they had little kids.

I tried not to have the sun directly behind them, or directly behind me. But there was so much sun bouncing off everything down there, that I'm sure it'simpossible to get it the way I wanted under those conditions, so I understand that.

But...I have another family that wants me to take photos of their family reunion, again in the middle of the day at a beach home. I have no idea if there will be some shadier spots that I can use, so I'm trying to plan ahead and figure out my best approach as far as settings go with my KM 5D camera.

I did use a circular Polarizing filter on my 5D,to help with some glare off the water, but I still had a lot of the washoutlook happening,

Any suggestions for me?
Darlene2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links