Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jul 30, 2006, 2:46 PM   #31

I noticed there are some comments about short vs. long cords. With a little work a short cord can be made to do double duty. This is a picture of my modified cord. I got it as part of an ebay purchase with a tamron 200-500 anda 3600 flash. The connections had to be redone, so I took a quick picture or two while I had everything spread out.

It's super handy. You can get extension cables in various lengths, curly or straight. I've been told it's a common modification, but I don't seem to see people mention it.

thehazmatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2006, 8:46 AM   #32

There are also 3rd party version of the remotes. In particular, I found it on ebay for 10 bucks. The company's actual website is http://uniphox.com/
hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 12:53 PM   #33

I have just bought one of the Uniphox remote leads (through Hudson Photo on ebay) and it works fine, a real bargain. Even including shipping to the UK it was only £8.50.
Ikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 10:21 PM   #34

i also bought the uniphox remote off ebay...much cheaper than the minolta brand ones....this one worksgreat!
Ru5tY is offline   Reply With Quote