Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:26 AM   #1

I checked Steves Digicams today and saw that the 7D has been removed from the list of best enthusiast cameras. While this comes as no surprise, as it is a 2 year old body, I am curious to know how this camera stacks up against its modern competitions. I have yet to read about a body that offers so many possibilities as the 7D control-wise and the 5D (and hopefully the 7D as well) perform as well as the D2X when it comes to dynamic range and color renderation.

Megapixels aside, what do you think is the best camera that comes close to the 7D in terms of ergonomics and quality?
maxxum7d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 23, 2006, 2:52 PM   #2

Well, it has a serious flaw compared to its competition. Its not for sale.

I think it compares well to the 30D for example in features and abilities, but ergos and controlls are a subjective issue. Many people find it has no peer in that department.
tmoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2006, 9:26 AM   #3

I would like to think Sony will be announcing a new Alpha with a 10+ mega-pixel sensor based on the 7D body. And hopefully it will be a higher quality sensor than what is in the A100. Full frame would be nice too.

Has any one figured out what the resolution would be if you sized the 6.1 mp sensor up to full frame?
kberntsen is offline   Reply With Quote