Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha NEX

Old Jun 16, 2011, 2:55 PM   #11

I think I will be going another way until Sony releases some decent 55-200 or 70-300 lense that is worth buying. Also the 30mm Sigma lense that has been leaked looks as an interesting choice.

In the meantime, I think I will be going for a M42 adapter that can give me much of the flexibility I'm looking for to get unexpensive lenses, even though I will have to use it in full manual mode (or AV priority at least).

So, i found many adapters on ebay, from 11 to 150USD. I will not buy a 150USD adapter as it's way too expensive, but I am willing to look into the 10-50USD range. How can I know if the adapter will work properly? The 11USD ones seem quite similar to the 50USD ones. Is it worth giving a try for a cheap one?
schmiedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2011, 6:51 PM   #12

GadgetInfinity makes good stuff. They make adapters for lots of different lenses to NEX bodies.
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2011, 10:00 AM   #13
Default Why wait all day for "autofocus"?

Sure you can get the official sony lenses. They are light, and pretty good, though somewhat expensive.
I have a box full of minolta MD mount lenses, which (while heavy) are very cheap, and very effective.
I'll post some later, but here is a my Avenon 200-500

See my new thread(s) for images

Last edited by SnapCrazy; Jul 30, 2011 at 10:28 AM.
SnapCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2011, 7:46 AM   #14

Originally Posted by TCav View Post
You ain't seen nothin' yet.

If you're not in a rush, you might want to wait for the new 30mm f/3.5 Macro ($250, just like the 16/2.8) that was just announced. 30mm is a good focal length on an APS-C sensor, and macro lenses tend to be very sharp. Plus, f/3.5 isn't a lot different from the f/2.8 maximum aperture of 16mm lens. And there's the "macro" thing in case you ever need it.
That's exactly what i was planning to do , just looks like the best E mount lens

Pentax 35mm f/2.4 AL SMC DA
Pentax 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 ED IF SMC P-DA Fish-Eye
guillermovilas is offline   Reply With Quote