Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha NEX

Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:06 PM   #11

G'day LTZ

Thanks for the links ~ !!!

The tugger unit is most impressive - how many 'gallons-to-the-mile' do you get?

The size of these units are such that they're never seen on Aussie roads -maybe the main highways & freeways but [rhetorical Q] who wants to spend all their travelling at maximum speed along major highways? They would also have trouble fitting into any caravan park and the RV unit would be likely to collapse if taken over most of our outback dirt roads [there are federal gov't enquiries on at the moment about US-made RVs breaking their towing gear at the connection point and coming loose from the towing vehicle]

FWIW - most aussie RVs are in the range of 6metres to 9metres long [20ft to 30ft] and the tow vehicle is often a Toyo Landcruser with a 3,5Lt or 4Lt diesel motor or an F250 small truck

This link is to one of Aussie's largest RV sellers and their 5th-wheeler offerings

My 2004 RV is built onto a Ford Transit chassis, is 3500kg unladen & 4250kg total weight and is 7,2m long. Engine is 2,4Lt turbo diesel x 5sp box [later units have a 6sp box]. It is home on-the-road for 6-7-8 months each year and during that time we cover about 30,000 - 35,000km [18-22,000m]

ps- I have uploaded some images of my setup to my Flickr site if you wish to view my setup ... tho it's nothing like yours

Thx for the exchange of info ...
Regards, Phil
Has Fuji & Lumix superzoom cameras and loves their amazing capabilities
Google me at Travelling School of Photography Australia
Recent images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote