Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Oct 21, 2006, 5:39 PM   #1

Hi! I've only taken a few pics thus far with my H5 being it has been miserable here since its purchase. I've been fumbling through the manual and AAK's White Paper to learn how to properly use it.

I have yet to install thesupplied software, Cyber-Shot Viewer,by Sony. With the camera connected to the pc I retrieved the few pics I have using it as you would a removable drive. I am curious to hear what others may be using. From what I've read I know many are using Photoshop Pro. Its out of my budget at the moment and probably to complex at this time. I'd appreciate any other suggestion you may have. Thank you.

Jaz709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 21, 2006, 6:42 PM   #2

Hi, Jaz
I feel your trouble and I want you lift your spirit up.

Firstly, forget about 'white pages'. OK? You are not ready for them.
Set camera to GREEN and go and take pictures of your interest. Since 'film' cost you nothing get practice as much as you wish and make your own conclusions what is good for you and your way of taking photos. OK? Sooner, rather than later, you will be better and better and better...

Secondly, you can continue with your way of downloading photos on your computer, this is perfectly normal to connect camera to a PC?MAC . There is alternative way of using card reader and it is perfectly normal too. After every download I'd recommend to format MS right in camera.

Thirdly is about photo editing software.
I've no clue what have you got from SONY as a bundled software. If this is Adobe PS elements, you have enough for editing.
I can recommend you free software Irfanview at

It is very easy to use and, believe me, very good software you will enjoy for a long time

Good luck
Simon G
s_grins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 9:16 PM   #3

s_grins advice is on the mark. Irfanview is great. If you want to pay for something then Photoshop Elements is a not so extensive Photoshop. Irfanview though just might suit all your needs. Try it.

Jazzgirl is offline   Reply With Quote