Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 12, 2003, 7:01 PM   #1

Default Just Order Sony V1 Unseen

:shock: I just orderd a Sony V1 sight unseen (my usual stupid practice), and I am most anxious to see some serious discussion by users. I have seen 3 negative comments about Steve's review, but from past experience, I tend to trust Steve :?

I am particularly interested in flash options and whether I can get an adapter to download a Memory Stick to my Digital Wallet. If not, I've got a real problem.

Any information will be appreciated.

Bob
nochance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2003, 9:04 PM   #2
Administrator

Hey, everybody is entitled to their opinions ... my reviews are just that ... my opinions. That's why I call this site Steve's Digicams and not something else

The V1 is the best thing that Sony has made to date but we've yet to see a perfect digicam so there is always going to be somebody complaining about something.

We did not get a chance to try the V1 with Sony's new programmable flash so I can't comment about that. It will of course work the best with either the HVL-F1000 or the new HVL-F32X flash because those will be the only ones that will use the Sony-specific TTL contacts in the flash shoe. You can use other generic auto flash units but you'll need to use the Aperture priority mode of the V1 to match the "auto f/stop" of the flash unit.

As for the Digital Wallet, there are a number of PCMCIA adapters out there for Sony Memory Sticks. I haven't seen an adapter for the new Memory Stick Pro cards yet but I am sure it is only a matter of time. The existing adapters will work with the original Memory Sticks from 4MB to 128MB.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2003, 9:50 PM   #3

Default Thanks, Steve

8) I've been absent for a while 'cause I've been playing with film again, but now I am tinkering with digital once more and signed back into the forum. I learned long ago to respect your views and also learned that many negative posts are about things that I couldn't see or that seemed inconsequential to me. It's kind of like the Leica/Konica debate. I just had to have that M7 'cause the Leicaphiles were so insistent, but I'll be darned if my pictures are any better than the ones from the Hexar RF. That's the life of the camera-junkie, as you well know.

Thanks for your considered response. I think the V1 will be a nice addition to my stable with its small size, hot shoe, polarizer capability, and low-light focusing.

Regards,

Bob
nochance is offline   Reply With Quote