Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Nov 7, 2006, 4:14 PM   #1

hi there, i just bought a new H5 on the weekend and am so far enjoying it very much, i am coming from a canon a610 and this is my first sony...i just love the zoom, the strong flash, and the lcd on the sony, my canon was faster with flash and picture to picture time...but i think the sony is going to win my heart...my question is i am wondering if i got a brand new camera or one somebody returned....my box wasnt sealed, not sure if it was supposed to be, and inside the camera was wrapped in a white kinda paper....just wondering how everyone else received there camera...i am in canada and bought from future shop..i did print some pics and they seem great, i am working with getting used to the flash and was a little unsusre of those pics, but with practice i think they are getting better(the flash is just so much stronger and better than my canon).i have already learned some very usefull info on here and look forward to lots of great pics...thx for any replies
jakoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2006, 12:25 AM   #2

Hi, Sharon:

I'm glad the camera works well, but if it was a demo or a return, it should have been discounted. If you are in doubt about the original packaging, you could call Sony directly. They should be able to answer your questions and give you the ammo you need to go back to the store where you purchased it for a return, exchange or refund.

I do not have an H5, but I have purchased several Sonys for myself as well as clients, including the H1. All the boxes were sealed and the camera accessories were sealed in plastic. No paper wrappings.

Are you using the memory stick that came with the camera? Sometimes you can tell how many frames have been taken by looking at the file name after it has been downloaded to your computer. There will be a number on the images after the DSC0, for example, "DSCO566." I am not positive, but I believe that number will tell you how many pictures have been taken, if no one has changed it. Hope this helps. Ria

RiaRia is offline   Reply With Quote