Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Nov 10, 2006, 8:11 PM   #1

HI there all. Well I have a dsc100. I had a canon 800is, but returned it for this one. I have only used sony's , and wasn't comfortable with the controls on the canon. My question maybe an easy one for most of you, but I am clueless. I am a mom. I take most of my my pictures indoor. What setting do I use? I have no idea if I should have it on auto, or the P or what? I have read the manual but I just can't figure it out. I also have had the problem where I take a picture of my daughter, and the picture is clear, but she is not. I can't really zoom in on her too much? Am I not centering her? Or is it the setting? What setting for the best indoor and outdoor? I am so confused and feel like I am not smart enough about cameras to talk to some people on boards because I have no clue what they are talking about sometimes. Any help would be so great. Thanks in advance.. Jen
kayleezmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2006, 9:32 PM   #2

The best, well use M & set to 250s with flash. ( Put on - for sat & contrast ) You can play with flash & ISO after this, until it's right. Use the Histogram, it shouldshow more peak at the middle of the graph.

Lastly, set to center focus or try 1.0m or 3.0mandyou'll have to moveback or forth to seewhatdistancethat setting isin focus.
qball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2006, 10:43 PM   #3

Hi, Jen:

I don't know that much about your specific camera model, but I'm a mom, too, so I thought I'd take a shot at answering your question. But to do that, I need a little more information. You mentioned indoor shots ... there are general guidelines but not all indoor pictures will be shot at identical settings. What will the subjects be? How fast will they be moving? (Take it from me, if you are talking about taking pictures of kids, unless they are asleep, you will need a fast shutter speed!) How far from the camera will they be? All of these things could make your picture not sharp.

If you could post more info, I'll see if I can be of any help. Or, even better, post some pics as examples, perhaps the one of your daughter that you were not happy with. By looking at it, I will be able to tell if she was out of focus, or if she moved, or the camera moved.

My best advice? Just don't worry about the pictures being good or not, or if you are experienced or "smart" enough. Take some pictures and post them on the forum. We won't poke fun at you. Just go for it - take as many as you can, as often as you can. It's the best way, and perhaps the only way, to learn photography. Cheers! Ria

RiaRia is offline   Reply With Quote