Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Dec 13, 2006, 3:45 PM   #1

I've got the Sony DSC-F707 and just spilled some liquid on it recently. It still works, but it's getting harder to work due to the spillage in it. I took it to a Sony repair here in NYCand they said thatI should just take the money to fix it and buy another camera.

The DSC-F828 was a newer model but they are out of production and it's hard to find one. The only reason I like this particular style is that I'm an private investigator and many times I've had to take pictures where the person does not see me because I usethe LCD and not the viewer.

Does anyone know if there is another camera witha swivel base that works similar to theSony DSC-F828 or where I can purchase a new one.

MC Davis
mcdavisiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 13, 2006, 9:38 PM   #2

Welcome MC to this board. I too am new to this area and am finding lots of helpful folks. I have a Sony F717 which of course is the older sister to your 707. I have loved that camera for over 3 1/2 years. It has been failing me for several months and I researched and decided to replace it with the Sony R1. You can find a detail review of it here on Steve's site. I just recieved it yesterday and finally found the time to read a bit about it and take my first few pictures. It does have a rotating LCD screen that would work fine for you. It has a ton of capabilities as you will see if you look at some of the pictures that it can take that are posted here by the good folks that frequent this board and on other sites as well. If you are looking for maximum quality in a lens and features but not interested in a DSLR then the R1 would be the ticket. I don't know much about the F828 but you are right that it is out of production as is the R1 but there are quite a few R1s to be found. Hope this helps a bit for you.

God Bless - Greg
wyomingwiseman is offline   Reply With Quote