Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Dec 26, 2006, 11:11 PM   #1

I looked back to September and didn't see any threads on this.

My question:

Of the wide-angle, telephoto and closeup lenses, which one would you add first? I'm on a budget of sorts and I can't go out and buy all three at once. Right now, I use the camera for all sorts of purposes. Family photos (inside mainly), nature/landscape shots (both close up and at max zoom.)

Macanudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 26, 2006, 11:45 PM   #2

Umm, thats a hard choice to make.

I love telephoto, so the tcon vcl-dh1758 was my first obvious choice to buy.

For a close up lens I monitored ebay and picked up a Canon 500d for a good price, will get the more powerfulSony VCL-M3358 or Canon250d when Isee themcheap as I don't take manymacros,I don't have the patienceneeded !

If I am going somewhere scenic next year will get the Sony wide angle, though I have heard good things about some of the Raynox wide angles as well.

For indoor use the wide angle will probably block the flash at the bottom of the picture, so consider that before buying.

Though with the H5 you can easily use ISO 400 or even 800 so flash may not be necessary.
Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2006, 11:11 AM   #3

I'm very tossed. I'll be leaving Alaska and roadtripping out to Washington in a few months. I might have some great shots (weather permitting) and Washington is beautiful too.
Macanudo is offline   Reply With Quote