Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

View Poll Results: DSC-P8 or DSC-P72
DSC-P8 0 0%
DSC-P72 0 0%
Definately not a Sony!!!! 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 27, 2003, 1:15 PM   #1
Default Sony DSC-P8 or DSC-P72 - for family/sports suggestions?

I am in the market for my first digicam and have narrowed my choices to the P-72 and P-8, mainly because of their larger than average 3x zoom lens and good set of features. We have a pentax 120 mm zoom 35 mm camera and would like to get a zoom as close to that if not over. Also the smart digital zoom seems to be at an advantage over the rest as i hate all the digital zoom i see on my camcorder. However, I have seen posted in some forums that the P-72 has some problems.

Any help deciding between these two would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I am still open to suggestions. I am looking for a camera that is easy to use, has a good zoom, good photo quality, and is fast (for sport/action shots) Any suggestions?

Thanks - :lol:
Ryan (DCS-P8 or DSC-P72?)
ryguyrgs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2003, 4:16 PM   #2

Main diference is that p8 is smaller and dont use standard AA battries.I have 72 and the bigest problem is with digital noise.I had olympus d560 for 2 weeks and it took better pictures.(But when printed in 10*15 or viewed in 1024*768 u cant recognize whether its from oly or sony).And good thing is a focusing light which helps in the dark-with sony u can focus in the room with no lights on, with olympus u only get a "cant focus message".Indoor pictures with sony are oversaturated and colors dont match exactly(but no problem to adjust it in each picture editor)my advice is - buy minolta F200.(4mpx, manual exposure)and very good price.
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote