Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 11, 2003, 7:49 AM   #1
Default Sony DCS-707 - Settings for bright object or person.

I must be doing something totally wrong using my DCS-707. In bright sunlight, sun behind me shining on the object or person, what is the best setting to make this work correctly? The picture comes out flushed the way I am doing it now and even on auto, object is way to bright.
jwminor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 25, 2003, 4:39 PM   #2
Default hmmm ...

i'll assume your images have not had, consistenly, very dark backgrounds and that your subjects aren;t wearing blinding white clothes (a situation that could fool a meter.)

have you inadvertently adjusted the EV setting to +2 or higher and, therefore, each shot will be over exposed by two or more f-stops?
steve-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2003, 11:35 AM   #3

If your camera has a Spot metering mode, try Spot metering on the subject. Check the histogram and make compensation if needed with the EV setting.

See also:

jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2003, 5:39 PM   #4

Problem The 707 has no histogram. Only the 717. But no matter. Spot meter the flesh tone, the rest will sort itself. If you need to have the person off centre, then either autolock or expose, half press the shutter button, recompose and then full press. Do not release the button after half press. If the image is still washed out then experiment with - EV or use manual settings and check the image on your LCD.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote