Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 27, 2003, 4:44 AM   #1
Default difficulty for purchase F717 or V1 !!!!!!!!

they are in doubt if to buy the F717 or the V1, V1 guarantees me the same same quality of image of the F717? why I would prefer compactness and lightness of the camera. they are customer of photo in automatic,which it is the best compromise, the cost is not a problem, but v1 it is much compact one and a lot important for me is autofocus excellent in all the situations.

Thanks for your opinion

excuse for my language
wgrifone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2003, 8:00 AM   #2

Good question...I have been researching online and suggest that you take a look at as many reviews as possible. Ive been real happy with my old DSC-S30 but I hope to upgrade by Decemeber and have really been surfing the sites to see what my next camera will be.

From what I have read, the F17 is still slightly better for picture quality. The size of the V1 is nice, but one review mentioned that the camera can be a little difficult to hold when the flash is open. On the other hand, the F717 is a larger camera with a very distinct design.

With the F717 being a bit bulky, and the V1 being very compact, I wouldn't make a purchase without actually holding each camera and seeing if it will be a good match for you and what you plan to do with it. After having studied some other makes and models, I've prettty much decided to stay with a sony as I already have extra memory sticks and battery that are compatible with the F717.

Other members of this forum are much more experienced than I am....hope they will jump in and help you.

Good luck in your quest!
scb is offline   Reply With Quote