Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 3, 2003, 11:12 AM   #1
Default P10 Vs p92

Hi,can anyone tell me the difference between the two cameras?
Pricewise it's about 50 notes,and the size is different,anything else to warrant extra money?

Phil ops:
phillb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2003, 2:27 PM   #2

I'll try................

P10 / P92

metal / Plastic
smaller / Larger
info-lithium battery / AA batterys
hard covered lcd screen / Soft lcd screen

Go to Best Buy or Comp USA and take a look and feel for yourself. See if the differences are worth it to you. I like the more durable lcd on the p10 and the metal case I feel is more solid. The info-lithium batter is fantastic and charges in about 3 hours compaired to the Sony AA's 12+ hours using the supplied Sony slow charger.
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2004, 6:42 AM   #3

Sorry for reviving this old topic but I am facing the same question. I'm doubting between the 2 camera's, the price difference is about 40$.

I am inclined to go with the P92 because the little bit bigger size doesn't matter to me, and I prefer AA batteries (I have plenty of rechargeables laying around)

The only thing I was wondering is this: On Sony's site I compared the 2 camera's and with the P10 I could find this (which I could not find for the P92):
Continuous Auto Focus
To maintain accurate focus lock with fast moving subjects, Continuous AF keeps focusing until the moment of exposure.

Now is this a print error and is this feature also available on the P92 ? If not, is this really such a great feature (meaning is the tracking of moving subjects bad with the P92) ?

Thanks !

Darthy is offline   Reply With Quote