Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 22, 2007, 9:18 PM   #1

I went to bestbuy yesterday to get the H9. I luckily got them to match a cheaper price because there it was $495.

So when I got into the store a worker came up to me and asked if he could help me. I responded telling him i would like to purchase the H9.

He looked at me and said .. "A sony??" I'm like yyeeaahh ..

then he was like ".. A Sony?!?" and then my mom was like "I'm more of a canon person myself .." so the worker grabbed another worker and said "hey bob, sony or canon?" so the guy says "canon .. well depends on the camera, the H9 is really nice .."

so the workers just like "you can get whatever you want, it's just my job to help you chose the right one"

so then i was like "alrighty, i'll take the H9 then "

then he said "alright, but when you come back complaining about blurry pictures don't say i didnt warn you .."

I left for vacation that day so have had a few opportunitys to use this camera. I am very impressed! I don't know if it's the fact that I'm coming from a $200 kodak, or if this camera truely is a miracle, but it sure works for me.

I also got the 4 year warranty and a memory card. I think I might have to ebay the case. I also think I'm going to get a Pemaraal step down ring to 58mm since i haven't been succesful in finding a 74mm wide angle fisheye lens.

I just thought I'd share my experience and also thank all of you guys for all the help you have given me about this camera.

thanks again ..

heely hailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 22, 2007, 9:22 PM   #2

Congratulations on your H9.

You will be very happy.

That 58mm ring works perfectly.

Let see some images when you get back.

Best wishes,

nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2007, 11:05 AM   #3

one more question, (I know i have lots of them :?)

On the Pemaraal site, it says the step-ring "Fits the Sony H7, H9 plastic adapter"

If I am correct the adapter is what you attach the lens hood with?? I'm not sure ..

heely hailey is offline   Reply With Quote