Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 8, 2007, 10:32 AM   #1

I recently picked up an sony f828 and I'm pretty happy with the camera. I wanted one for quite a while and finally ended up getting a good deal on ebay. I'm pretty familiar with photography in general and I own a pentax k100d.

When using the f828 I get good photos but they lack the crisp character that is the norm with my pentax. After searching on flickr and other places I found a lot amazing photos taken with the f828. Some great examples can be found here. I would like to know what settings are used on the f828 to achieve such great results. The settings I use are as follows:

Manual mode
Iso set no higher than 200
White balance set for the scene or manual
Picture quality = Fine
Saturation = Normal
Contrast = low
Sharpness = normal
Color = standard
Recording mode = jpeg or raw
Image size = 3 or 5 mp

I use a circular polarizing filter for outdoor shots to brighten things up and because this camera suffers from noise at higher iso's I shoot at a lower iso and will adjust the shutter speed accordingly. Does this seem like I'm on the right track?

I really enjoy the camera and want to use it to it's full potential. What are this camera's strong points and how do you capitalize on them? What settings do you use for crisp and colorful photos?

Here is a good photo that I took with my f828

fallenleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links