Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 22, 2003, 7:51 PM   #21

Hi rockinrobin

I purchased the Lowepro D-Res 8. Its a bit smaller than the 10AW and the smallest lowepro bag I could find that fit the V1. I tried my camera in several bags in the shop.

Even though Lowepro says the bag will only take a camera that is 4cm deep, I didnt have any problems getting the 57mm deep V1 in there

I like the small size of the V1, and didnt want to ruin that feature by keeping it in a large bag. My last camera was bulky and it was a hassel when taking it on holiday etc.

I later found the pocket in the back of the bag to be a problem because it kept catching on the front of the camera, but I was able to cut it out (by turning the bag inside out and using a sharp knife), making it made it much easier to get the camera in and out.

I was quite happy with the D-Res 8 until I was in the local Sonystyle store and had a look at the LCSVHB (Sony's V1 bag). I was surprised to find the LCSVHB is actually smaller than the D-Res 8 due to its thinner material. It will still protect the camera as the padding is much firmer and more rugged. The Lowepro bags are quite soft, and more susceptible to a knock.

In addition, the LCSVHB has pockets designed for spare batteries and memory sticks, which I didnt have in the Lowepro bag.

As the Sony bag was smaller, had pockets, and was designed specifically for the V1 (ie a good fit - including the accessories) I couldnt resist!

If you'd like me to send you a pic of the two bags (D-Res 8 and Sony's LCSVHB) side by side, send me an email at montyman198@yahoo.com
montyman198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2003, 10:36 PM   #22

I sent you an email

rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote