Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 17, 2003, 6:51 AM   #1
Default F828/F717 body lens concern

I am planning on replacing my 3mp camera this year and am very interested in the new Sony F828 (in the running with Minolta A1). Can any F717 (F707) users out there tell me about the robustness of the swivel body/lens setup. I have heard some rumors that on the F717 it becomes loose and won't lock properly after about six months of use. I almost bought a F717 but have held off being a little worred about this problem. I have also heard that neither Sony or any third party warranty will cover it for repair.

Any thoughts?

Bill100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 18, 2003, 5:25 PM   #2

I 've had My 707 for a little under 2 Years now. I have hot had any problems with it. Had not heard of this being a problem with the camera. I do love My 707.
rlpumphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2003, 11:42 AM   #3

Hello there, I've had my F717 for about 10 months now and haven't noticed that the swivel has loosened up any at all, and I use it quite often. I have two friends with the F707's and their camera's swivel joints are still solid. I don't think that it's really any sort of issue, and if it is, I've had excelent responce with their customer service in the past.
magicmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2003, 5:32 PM   #4

I have had the 505,707 and now the 717. Never a problem with the swivel. Sony do say that with an external gun mounted on the Hotshoe the weight can cause the swivel to move but it hasn`t happened to me with the dedicated external Sony Flash :P
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote