Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Nov 27, 2007, 4:04 PM   #1

Ok...I have a Sony DSC-F707. The Flash door won't pop up. I have to manually lift it up. NOw, it just stop flashing all together. Anybody every fix these things? I had a problem with it having Distorting Image, Bad Color etc in the LCD...a couple of Whacks on the lense, Power up, problem gone. Is this an indication that the CCD chip is going bad? I got in the habit of powering it up in [>] mode rather than "Take a Picture" mode. That seemed to help. Whats the deal with the Flash though?

Thanks
Darren:?
That Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2007, 7:50 PM   #2

Flashes going bad are a pretty common problem on the F707. The flash not popping up is caused by a bad coil in the flash assembly which releases the flash lock, the flash not firing is most likely a bad flash bulb itself. Flash assemblies are a real pain to replace in this camera because you have to take the entire camera apart including the swivel hinge in order to remove the old wire and snake the new wire through.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2007, 9:10 PM   #3

Wow...yeah I found that out the hard way. Bought one for parts with a bad CCD just to use the Flash...wound up breaking the small ribbon cable in both. I felt like a Real Jackass after that. "Like What the Hell is wrong with you man??" ha haha...Now I have 2 piles of junk. I ordered the bad cable for 8 bucks. Hope I can remember how to put this thing back together...
Thanks for the Insight.
-= That Dude =-
That Dude is offline   Reply With Quote