Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jan 13, 2008, 11:30 PM   #1

I am using Sony DSC H7B cyber shot. It is working fine, but whenI try to connect to computer it is giving error that one of device connected to this computer has malfunctioned andWindows could not recognize it. I made a mistake that I connected with solwspeed USB hub, thereafter this error is coming.I tried after reseting the camera and defult settings, butIcould not reintall the driver and still the error in coming. Then I tried in different computer also but same error.It is working fine with Tv Output and all other functions.

I am using Windows XP SP2.

Please any one help on this issue. Thanks inadvance.

callmevenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 18, 2008, 12:12 PM   #2

With your camera plugged in right-click on My Computer and select Properties from the context menu. Select the Hardware tab and click the Device Manager button.

Find what your camera is recognized as (expanding the "+" s if required). The camera, whatever the computer is calling it will probably have a red x or an explanation point on a yellow background. Right-click on that item, select Uninstall from the context menu, unplug the camera and reboot.

Re-install the camera/drivers following the instructions provided with the camera.

OR bypass the whole situation by getting a card reader and downloading directly from the memory card.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 2:35 AM   #3

You don't need a driver. Uninstall it.

When you plug into a USB port, all the information you need to download the memory card is built right into the card itself. If you set up the camera to be a mass-storage device (on the Setup Menu), you don't need any software at all.

I know some people like to use software to download their images from the camera, but I have always found that Windows Explorer does the job just fine with a cut-and-paste or a copy-and-paste.

One less driver and less software you'll have to wrestle with.

A. A. Katz http://www.aakatz.com/whitepaper

aakalan is offline   Reply With Quote