Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 24, 2008, 12:45 AM   #1

I have 3 dsc_n2's One of which it totally toast, One that works perfectly and the 3rd needs a visit to the wizard of OZ for a brain... WEird problem, I have 3 NP-BG1 batteries, 1 of them will intermittently power the latter N2. But All 3 will power my perfectly working N2. I also have an NP-BD1 from another camera that will power my Picky N2 100% of the time. My question is How can 3 of the same type of batteries power the same model camera, but only 1 will work in the same model camera DSC-N2, and another battery designed for a totally different camera (Same Contact design but longer, Bat door won't close) Powers the camera on every time????
as in:

DSC-N2 A-------> All NP-BG1's will power this camera on, as well as the NP-BD1

DSC-N2 B-------->Only 1 of the NP-BG1's power it on Intermittently, and when it does I get weird functions like it stays in Snapshot mode. The Mode switch is useless. When I use the NP-BD1 Battery, All functions work just like it was normal but I have to hold the battery in by hand because its too long and it sticks out and the battery door won't close. But this battery work 100% of the time:?
All batteries are fully charged except the one that works 100% of the time.

Sounds like I'm on a controlled substance doesn't it? Does anyone have a logical answer for all this? Do these go thru some sort of Battery Authentication?

That Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links