Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 10, 2008, 9:02 AM   #1

I just bought one last week from Costco based on Steve's review. However, I was very unhappy with the quality of the photos. The outdoor and bright light images were terrific, as well as close up's using the macro mode. However, all my indoor or low light pictures were incredibly grainy, and very poor.

I've had a bunch of Sony's over the years, but was unhappy with a previous model and switched to Canon, the S630, and just recently bought the Sony because of a wedding that I was going to. The camera is going back to Costo immediately, and instead I will purchase a new Canon, most likely the SD890 as the 5x zoom of the Sony was a terrific feature, and I don't want to give that up.

So, even though Steve recommends it, I have to disagree and say stay away from this camera and get something else.

If you have one of these and want to share your opinions, please do.
harlenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2008, 10:20 AM   #2

Low light with point and shoots and most camerasare always going to be rough due to the sensor size. The only camera I don't have a problem with is my DSLR in low light fast lens combo.I have a Sony T1 that is really bad indoors but outside in good lighting takes great photos.
Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote