Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 30, 2008, 2:00 AM   #1

I've been frustrated by my brand new dsc-h3 camera. I cannot seem to figure out how my built-in flash automatically opens when I am using the flash mode. I have to open it manually, and therefore I'm not sure if it is broken (the automatic pop up and open feature) or if there is setting that I need to be in for that to happen. Please advise.
roonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2008, 4:05 PM   #2

If the camera is working correctly: put the H-3 to Auto or P for Programed Auto, then using the 3 o'clock position on the 4 way controller, select the single lighting bolt which is the flash on or forced flash position. Next select your subject, push the shutter release halfway down for the camera to focus.

At the same time you push half way down on the shutter release, the flash will pop open and get ready to take your photo. You take the photo by pusing all the way down on the shutter release.

I just ran through that routine with my H-3 to be sure I was getting everything down correctly for you.

I hope that helps.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2008, 8:30 PM   #3

This week has brought the same issue for our camera. It works fine in the correct lighting situations, but only when I manually open the flash. Had a chat with Sony, and must call them tomorrow. It seems to be a not uncommon issue with this model. I've had 3 Sony cameras and have liked them all(until this issue), but do not want to have it repaired only to have it recur in another year. So, I will lobby for a swap with the nearest capable model without this weakness. I'll let you know how it goes.
best1syn2oil is offline   Reply With Quote