Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Oct 5, 2008, 6:36 AM   #1

Hi, I have Sony DSC-H50 digital camera recently purchased and I am having great time with it. Only thing that I want to discover is how to print date (Stamp Time & Date)on the photo print out. I have gone thru the munual and did not find any way out for this, therefore kindly assist.

mithooji is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 5, 2008, 1:24 PM   #2

Page 15 of the manual states the camera does not have this function, but you can use Picture Motion Browser (on the cd that came with the camera) to print or save images with the date.

You can also use freeware such as Faststone Image Viewer to do this, www.faststone.org

Tools- batch rename/convert - advanced options - text

You can process entire folders quickly this way.
Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2009, 9:06 PM   #3

I went ahead and ventured last night. Yes with the Picture Motion browser you can bring up your picture (camera has to be conected to the computer) and then you go into edit and then hit the stamp button and it will give you 3 options of how to put your date in. Then you can save your pictures to your computer and it will permanently have the date imprinted in the bottom. I am so glad I read this, because I was getting ready to return my camera to Best Buy since I could not believe that such a fancy camera would not come with the standard date stamp. YES....using the motion picture browser to stamp the date is a little bit more work, but if I can do this manually and keep my Sony camera, I am happy !!!
Meina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2009, 4:36 PM   #4
Default date stamp

Enlighten me

One of the 'neatest' things of the H50 is that it Did Not date stamp on the photo...since I can always look up the date in the properties menu it was a useless part of programs of the past. Friends who do send photos with it on the photo ruin the shot. If I am really interested in keeping the photo, I will fix it with a cloning tool.
So, Why would anyone Want the date stamp on the photo itself?

BTW, of all the cameras I own, even my DSLR, I keep coming back to my H50.
lisalonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote