Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Oct 15, 2003, 3:51 PM   #1
Default Sony 717 - Is it me or the camera?

Is it the camera or is it me? DSC-717 - I have a bad 'tilt' problem, and can't work out if it's me (maybe one shorter leg?) or if it's with the camera. Many photos, particularly landscapes, appear with a left-to-right downward tilt, and however much I adjust my (or the camera) position, line up to make sure the tree doesn't look like the Leaning Tower etc, I can't seem to make much difference! Has anyone else had this problem? :roll:
Danne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 16, 2003, 3:02 AM   #2
Default Tilting 717

Yep, you have a problem, and so do I. My pictures are like yours. But it is you and I my friend, not the camera that is guilty. Put it on a tripod and prove it o yourself!
kcemb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2003, 11:07 AM   #3

Tilting horizons have been a problem for me for years. I use Nikon 35 mm equipment (F2,FA,F100) and have installed a focussing screen with a grid on all those cameras so I always have horizontal and vertical reference lines to avoid the problem. I know there is at least one digital camera (can't remember which) that will display a grid in the viewfinder. I think it would be a great option for all cameras to offer.
Art Caputi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2003, 6:11 PM   #4

Use the text and symbols that appear on the screen/on the EVF as a guide. I have tilting problems, too, but if I take time to compose the shot carefully and use those on-screen objects a guide, it really helps.
UrbanPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote