Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 30, 2002, 11:18 AM   #1
Default Reading CD400 disks on Macintosh OS 9.1

Just bought a Sony Mavica MVC CD400 and love it. Except I am having trouble reading disks on my Macintosh computers using Mac OS 9.1. I have oldish imac's and G4's. Can anyone tell me if I have to upgrade to Mac OSX? I'd rather not. I have the Roxio UDF volume access system extension in my older iMac (has just a CD drive, not a CDRW), ...and still it rejects the finalized disk as unreadable. Does that mean I also need TOAST as well as the UDF volume access sys extension? I'd greatly appreciate a point in the right direction.

Lastly can I just plug the USB into my older macs and download from the camera without additional software?

Chris Bower
Chris Bower is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 9, 2002, 7:04 PM   #2

Did you ever get this figured out? I'm seriously considering a CD400, and I'm using v.9.1 on a PPC 7600, so I'll be faced with the same issue. I've got an external Glyph CDRW drive which MAY read unfinalized disks, but I'm not sure. I DEFINITELY don't want to have to finalize a disk everytime I want to pull something into Photoshop! Your findings would be appreciated - thanks.

HiRez is offline   Reply With Quote