Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old May 16, 2009, 12:10 PM   #1
Default CCD Sensor Problem In Sony T-33

I just went to use my Sony DSC-T33 camera and noticed that it seems to have a sensor problem. I have included a sample picture below

It seems that anything in the picture over a certain brightness level gets inverted, and there are lines running through the image.

Has anyone seen this before with a T33 or any of the similar model Sony cameras?

Im thinking about buying a for parts T33 on ebay and swapping out the sensor if it is as simple as that.

I could just buy another camera. But i really like this one, and have the underwater enclosure for it. Wouldn't want to have to rebuy all that stuff for a new model camera

This photo is of the inside of the house, and a view outside on a bright sunny day, as you can see part of the inside view is ok, but outside everything is negative.

d0ug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2009, 12:23 PM   #2

Welcome to the forums.

This model has a known problem with it's sensors failing prematurely, and Sony is now repairing them until September, 2009. See this service advisory for it. If you click on the "Yes" button at the bottom of the page, it will take you to a service form to fill out so you can return it for repair (free of charge for a sensor failure, except for a $20 shipping and handling fee):

JimC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2009, 12:58 PM   #3

Thanks, just submitted my info for repair
d0ug is offline   Reply With Quote