Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Dec 21, 2009, 6:01 AM   #11

In the last few months I have purchased and returned more than a few camera's,,, the Canon SX120is, Canon SD780, Casio FS100, Nikon S70, Kodaks Z915 and Kodak Z950,,,,,,,, and then I purchased the Sony HX1.

The HX1 is a keeper,,,, I cant express how happy I am with my new HX1,, and the funny thing is that I am very anti Sony.
I have always dis-liked Sony products in general for many reasons but the more I read about the HX1 the more I decided to give it a try,,, WOW,, am I glad I did.

I gota say I love everything about my HX1, the video quality, the low light pictures with no flash, the tilting 3" LCD, the panorama mode, the indoor shots with and with out flash, the zoomed pictures and a few other things Im forgetting to mention,,,, Ohh, and the HX1 is also a very fast shooter, even when using the flash.

Im a camera novice, not a pro by any means, but the HX1 has made me very happy and the still picture quality blows away all the other camera's I mentioned, purchased and returned,,, (I did keep the Kodak Z915 though, also a great camera).

Anyhow,,, my search for the perfect camera is over as my HX1 is it.

Davyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2009, 9:54 PM   #12

Congratulations Davyo-

I am really glad to hear that you have found your dream camera. The Sony HX-1 is a very innovative camera. Enjoy, and post some photos when you have a chance.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2010, 5:24 AM   #13
Default Sony Hx1

Hi there, I have a sony hx1 and I am looking for a good camera bag that will fit on it. Do you have any idea please? What bag are you using for your sony hx1?
Thanks a lot
norman0320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2010, 9:52 AM   #14
Default HX1 Bag

I use this and I love it: Tamrac 5682 Digital Zoom 2 Camera Bag . It's a perfect fit and I like how it opens. I looked at a couple by Lowepro, but didn't like how you had to open it to get to the camera.
akmontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2010, 4:49 AM   #15

I have the HX1 and the lens is very good-20x zoom is great for zooming in real close.

I particularly like the handheld twilight and sweep panorama mode-the latter allows me to capture a good photo in low light conditions.

Sweep panorama is excellent-very easy to achieve impressive panoramas, especially when set to the "wide" setting.
babya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 9:42 PM   #16

hello guys I have this camera for a year now and it is indeed a great cam..
sprig9an is offline   Reply With Quote