Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Dec 8, 2003, 1:36 PM   #1
Default Sony DSC-S85 and WINDOWS 2000

My Windows 2000 laptop used to recognize my SONY DSC S85, but somehow that information was lost, and now I have trouble making the two work together. When I plug the SONY into the laptop's USB, I usually do not see it as an additional drive on the computer, as it used to be.
When I reinstall the driver, I often get an error message that I have unplugged the device improperly, suggesting that the computer did see hte camera, but somehow did not recognize it as a drive.

Is there an updated WINDOWS 2000 driver for this star-crossed camera?
venik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 18, 2004, 12:42 PM   #2

I don't know if this will help, but I never installed the software that came with my P-10. I turned on the camera, plugged it into the usb port, and win 2000 recognized a new piece of hardware and did a set-up on its own. I was then able to read the card in the camera as a removeable drive, and was able to edit and save back to the memory stick.

When I unplug the camera, I do get a message saying that I disconnected a piece of hardware. I ignore the message and have had no problems.

So.....you may want to try removing the hardware and simply connecting the camera to the computer.
Jimwsea is offline   Reply With Quote