Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Dec 11, 2003, 11:01 AM   #1
Default p92 vs p10

Help. Both of these 5 megapixel cameras seem awesome.

I have played with a p92 and love it but if the p10 or p8 gives the same kind of performance(shooting speed mainly) and image quality then Im sold because its much smaller. But I hate the proprietory batteries vs the AA's...so I dont know what to do.

kaybob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 11, 2003, 8:01 PM   #2

I have played around with both the P92 and the P10, and the P92 is hands down the camera to buy this holiday season. Youíre not going to find another 5MP camera that uses AA batteries for only $380.

Both take excellent picture, with no difference between them. The main difference between them is just as you said is the battery. Proprietary batteries are VERY expensive and are offend hard to find; and because of the proprietary youíll be paying about $70 more for the P10 then the P92.

True the P10 has a smaller and has nicer metal body then the P92, but with the money that you save from buying the P10 you can get a 256MB memory stick, which you would need anyways.

The only thing that I donít like about the P92 is that the included battery charger takes 13 hours to charge. For about $40 you can get a Lenmar Mach 1 Speed Charger that only take 1 hour to charge 4 AA batteries (which are included).
iStudent is offline   Reply With Quote