Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Sep 29, 2010, 1:36 PM   #1
Default good day to all.

I recently found a camera that was given to my husband from his old boss. The camera is maybe 4-5 years old. It is a Sony cybershot DSC-T1.
After looking at it I realized it needed a new battery which I have purchased and after charging it and replacing with the old one I have tried endlessly to get this camea programed. I have probably put 5 hours into it and still can't get it. The camera turns on, but the screen arae has never shown the area of interest that I am trying to take a picture of. The screen does show, how many minutes left on the camera,date, and numerous other icons. The camera even flashes when I take a photo( even though I can't see where it is) but I am not taking any photos as I have placed the card into a reader and everything is blank. I would apprecaite any help. My husband says I should throw it away but I am sure I must be missing something. Can you help? Thanks
parealtor313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:50 AM   #2

Welcome to the Forum. We're pleased that you dropped by.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but from your description, it appears that the T-1 camera is defective. It is not something that a user can fix. Sony Service is about the only option, and that will be rather expensive.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote