Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:20 AM   #1
Default Sony H2 lens problem

Few weeks back i dropped a Sony H2 digicam on hard floor. The height of fall was around 2.5 feet.

After this,

1. Initially, photos when taken were little blurred. When seen on a computer,
- The bright portions (mostly reflection of light source) of the pictures were heavily affected by blurring.
- The other portions were little affected with blur.
- But I could still see images (more or less good focused) on the LCD Screen

2. Now (after a couple of weeks), the focus is completely gone. I could see just a bright defocused image on the LCD.
- When I try to focus, i could see something is happening inside lens unit. But i really have no idea whats going on. Also if take pictures, I don't see anything (obviously)

Any idea how to proceed. I would like to dismantle the camera & correct myself. I need a good manual which tells how to dismantle things.

Last edited by nm_ranga; Jan 20, 2011 at 11:34 AM.
nm_ranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:02 PM   #2

unless I were a camera techie, I wouldn't try it. Even with the manual. If you want to try to find a manual try to contact sony.
Depending on how much you paid for it, how old it is, and how up to date it is compared to other digicams? I would do one of two things: send it to sony to repair, or replace with a new model...Find out how much it will cost for sony to look and fix it, first! see if it is worth it. If it is in warranty period maybe they will.
It will probably be better to write it off and buy a new one.
The Sony H2 I remember is a camera, not a video? And an old one at that...one worth replacing.
lisalonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote