Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jan 25, 2004, 8:52 AM   #21

Even if you spend more money to get the DSLR, if you do not learn how to deal with the difficult situations which created most of the discussed problems here, you don't get the better result, but worst. To me, the cost of the built in Carl Zeiss 28-200mm zooms F/2.0- 2.8 already considered to paid for itself, where do buy such a zoom lens like that with that price any where for an DSLR? the closest thing you're looking at is the Tamron SP 28-105mm F/2.8, which cost more than $800. The point is this: even with the most expensive zoom lens in the world, you still have to deal with the problems due to the the complexity construction of the zoom lens, especially when the zoom coverage is down to 28mm or 24mm as wide angle position. The Carl Zeiss with excellent german optic and better coating will minimize those problems in most situations. So stop blamimng on the camera, it's only a tool, to get better results is mostly up to you, not the camera.

Stop being so paranoia, just be patient open you eyes and your ears and litsen to those who actually own the camera, when reading those reviews, ask youself a question: does the reviewer actually an average photographer or he/she is just a technician who express his/her own opinions?

Life is good, let spend more times to go out and shoot pictures rather than keep whinning... :lol:
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2004, 6:10 PM   #22

Well said..........

and tomorrow, instead of picking up my large and heavy rucksack full of 'bits' to add-on to my DSLR, I will pick up my Sony 828 and.......... guess what?
Yes your right, nothing else...

Life can be so sweet sometimes........
Ardent is offline   Reply With Quote