Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 14, 2002, 4:20 PM   #1
Default P9 vs. Canon S40

I have the Sony DSC-P50 (2MP) and want to upgrade to a compact 4 MP cam. Anyone compare these two? S40 seems to have more manual controls while Sony P9 has a "sleeker" package plus the interface is familiar to me.
goblue_esq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2002, 1:37 AM   #2

beliave me,
Sony DSC-P9 is way better in quality than cannon, better flash, Marco, Low Noise, nice and sharp.. if u get cannon ull be a bad loser
mdorani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2002, 12:38 PM   #3

I had just returned a Canon S40 and am now waiting for the P9 to come in the mail. The Canon is a great camera except that I was having problems with red eye. The flash is week. Pictures during the day were great but 1/2 half of my flash pictures contained red eye. I never had this problem before....I picked the Sony because the flash is more powerful and I'm hoping that it doesn't have the same probems with red eye as I had with the S40.
In all the Canon's review they make no mention of red eye problems so maybe I just got a lemon? I don't think so myself since the writeups do all mention about having a very week flash.
I should be getting the P9 by this weekend, I'm sure that it will work out for me.

My thoughts.
nancydrew0 is offline   Reply With Quote