Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Sep 22, 2012, 6:51 PM   #11

What I neglected to say about this camera is that the lens is great. It's much better than I'd have expected in a P&S. Sony says it's a 'G' lens, and I believe them. You really have to search for problems.
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 3:10 PM   #12

I just got one of these on Offer in the Uk And only Paid 129.99 plus I get 30.00 cash back on a prepaid visa card.
its very fast.

I have found its v.fast at taking pictures but it does have problems with AF on movie mode. I was filming a Nexus 7 tablet at the time.

The size for the power and speed of it is amazing. I normally use Canon Powershots,
I was in Jessops looking for a Camera and after just pressing the shutter button a few times and taking note on how fast it is, i coughed up the dough for it. yeah its that great.

Still have to get out and give it a real test but so far its good.
Also the AF on movies is slow sometimes but marco works good going from a normal scene to marco.
fantomv50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:03 PM   #13

I bought one a few months ago to carry around in my satchel. I'm not overly impressed with it. Outdoors in sunlight the images are nice. Out of sunlight I'm getting fairly noisy pictures. Using the zoom I'm noticing quite a bit of noise reduction and most things looked smudged. I like the size and features for what I'm using it for, just wish I had better results.
aztec506 is offline   Reply With Quote