Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 19, 2002, 6:57 PM   #1
Default DSC-F707 macro

Love my 707 but am having trouble with the macro. the manual is no help. Help.....

james is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2002, 8:38 PM   #2
Default macro shots

i also have the sony 707 and i dont always take macro shots but the ones i have taken are awesome. All i did was have the camera in automatic and on the 4 way toggle (i think its on the right side)i clicked on the flower symbol and move in not closer than 5-6 inches and let it focus and shoot. Im not a manuel guy and have very little camera saavy but ive had three digitals the past 4 years or so and i love them. I hope i helped you. Chris Carr Salem Mass
jcarboski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2002, 8:44 AM   #3

To get the best macro shots you need to:

(1) Put the camera on a tripod!
(2) Use the self-timer
(3) Practice, practice, practice.

Shooting in macro mode means that you are using just about the highest magnification that your lens is capable of. Any movement at all will blur the image and macro mode also means minimal depth of field (range of focus). Any movement in or out will change what you are focused on. The tripod eliminates movement and the self-timer means that you won't even be touching the camera when the shutter fires. This eliminates all possible camera movement and insures that your focus stays on the target.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2002, 8:42 PM   #4

Another problem you could be having is if you zoom in too much it won't focus. You can full use full 10x zoom for macro, but not much between practically a bit of zoom and the full zoom. That's been my experience.
SilverCharm is offline   Reply With Quote