Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 1, 2013, 1:17 AM   #1

Default Updated version of Sony Cybershot DSC HX20V?

I know a few people that have a Sony Cybershot DSC HX20V and LOVE it. They take amazing pictures & videos, so I REALLY want that camera. However, I've heard that it's an older model & has been discontinued. Does anyone know if there's a newer, updated model of that camera? I don't want to go above $300, & I don't want a big, bulky camera either. Any help would be much appreciated!
justagirl2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2013, 3:49 AM   #2

nah nothing here.

Yes the Sony Cybershot DSC-HX50V has been released, but not talked about here, at all. Your true find is at Sony.com, its a 30x optical zoom, ev -2-+2 own sin wheel on top, with variable zoom control, Most. OST all else is identical, so when they say it can video pic effects, the HX20v can do as well.

the only other option is the hot she, with over the wall pricing the evf(electonc viewfinder ) costing more than the cam. how much.

$450.00

Yes wen;t out of your budget by a few c-notes? Pay always, always $150.00 for a newer version, the next new cybershot will be the HX60V
Old Aug 1, 2013, 5:37 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
nah nothing here.

...... Pay always, always $150.00 for a newer version, the next new cybershot will be the HX60V.
As far as I'm concerned, fishy there's nothing for me who thinks enough is enough making me totally satisfied with my eBay H2.

And I don't see any improvement in picture quality with all these latest (and supposedly greatest) Cybershots.
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2013, 1:12 PM   #4

It is a newer lens, that is what makes the HX50V better. I do not get into technical stuff.

Sony can come out with One final model. make it all the bells and whistles please, and stop making us buy step up models. that said I totally agree SCOOT
Old Aug 1, 2013, 11:47 PM   #5

Thanks for the reply! I think I'll just stick to getting the HX20V....I don't really need a lot of the extra bells & whistles. I'm just surprised because I can't find it anywhere (the very few places that still carry it) for less than $350. My friends bought theirs not long after the camera came out & spent a lot less. I guess cuz its discontinued the price has been raised so much higher? I'll just have to do what I gotta do with that price.
justagirl2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2013, 3:51 AM   #6

this cam never went lower than $450.00

This cam is still above $400.00 at it's lowest.