Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 9, 2004, 6:09 PM   #1
Default P8 or P10? Please reply!

Hi Everybody,

It's the third message I leave here, and I got no reply for the previous ones. I hope this time is different.

I know that the P10 is 5MP and the P8 is 3.2MP. This is not a problem for me, as I take pictures mostly for the web.

What I can see to be the biggest difference is the CCD sensor size. While it's 1/2.7 for the P8, it's 1/1.8 for the P10.

How big of a difference is it on the image quality? Specially a problem for what kind of picture?

The rest of the features seems to be almost the same. Anyhting I am forgetting?

How much worthy is going for the V1?

Thanks for helping.
skuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 10, 2004, 1:31 AM   #2

I do not know about CCD, but Canon A70 use 2.7" and pic are good. Function of Canon and Sony are not comparable.
I have Sony P12 (same as P10) and take many pic with 3Mp and thay are OK. Fast object is problem with Sony. Pic are sometimes bloor. But You can use "SPORT" SCN mode. I have to buy camera for 450 and that is whay I pick P-12. I've made mistake about Sony. It is not bed camera but I always hear some voice in my head: "CANON, CANON, ..."
Now, I think it is not big diferent about CCD sensor but price about P8 and P10 is.
Sony V1 is total diferent class. It is not compact like P10. It is good. If you have extra 150 over P10, that is my choice.
ajan is offline   Reply With Quote