Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 17, 2004, 11:55 AM   #1
Default F717 and Studio Flash - help please

I currently own studio flash units (PowerLight if it matters) that utilize a synch cord for triggering. Can someone please detail what I must do to trigger the studio flash units from the F717? I thank you in advance for your help.
Joey Nipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 18, 2004, 9:41 PM   #2

I would think your studio flash units have a slave unit built in. The flash from the sony would probably trigger them. An optional Sony flash for the 717 with a swivel head (if there is one) that fits in the hot shoe could be pointed (swiveled) toward the studio flashes slave and that would also fire them. The camera's flash should have minimal effect on the exposure if used on low power. You are using a hand held lightmeter I hope. otherwise you will have to experiment with exposures. If your studio flash units don't have a built in slave you can buy them then connect them with a "pc cord" from the slave to the studio flash's "pc socket".

I'm not sure of how much the transition from film to digital will have on the accuracey of the light meter for your exposures, so you'll have to run some tests.
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote