Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 29, 2004, 5:28 AM   #1
Default Sony DSC F828 Firmware update

Hi. This is the first time that i put a question and no english so apologyse for the bad english. As anyone already updated the DSC F828 firmware to version 2? And what changes did you find? Any problems doing it?
fsousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 30, 2004, 7:01 AM   #2

I have been waiting to see if and when Sony would have a firmware update for the DSC-F828. As of yesterday, I have not found it on their web site. I am curious - where did you find the update and did you download the file? I would like to get it and try the update to see if they have changed anything. I like the camera so far, it does the job for me. I am not quite sure that a firmware update can improve much with the exisiting hardware.

It would be nice to see a few choices for JPEG compression. The uncompressed TIFF files are about 23MB and the JPEGS are between 2.5 to almost 4MB in fine mode. I would like to see a JPEG file of about 8MB.
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2004, 3:13 PM   #3

You might wish to look at this:

I just updated my camera and works so far.

pesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2004, 4:08 PM   #4

I checked out the firmware update. From what I can see it resolves a couple of issues regarding memory sticks since I use compact flash I would assume that this firmware update does not apply to my situation....I think.

A number of post have inquired about "firmware updates". I'm curious as to what other problems or issues people are having that they think may be resolved by a firmware update. I do wish Sony would update or redo their viewing software for these cameras because it really sucks!
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote