Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 24, 2004, 1:33 PM   #1
Default some thougts on Nikon D70 and DSC-F828

I've been paying atention to the digital photography in the past 2 years an i think the scene is changing. I think now the most important thing is the sensor, not the rest of the machine, even the lens. I've reading lots of superb reviews of the new Nikon D70 (before anything else let me said that i am user of nikon amateur stuff for more than 10 years) but the quality of the pictures taken are not, in my opinion, superior to the DSC-F828. I am talking about standard pictures taken over and over, since the start of digital cameras review scene and repeted with every review and every camera. The best ones to see is the ones taken in a "lab" enviroment. And one or to strikes firts: there is no comparable sharpness, even in the noise department it does have more then the EOS 300D (and again i do have one F601m, a 28mm Nikon AI, 35-70 and 70-210 also amateur stuff from nikon and never used a canon, only sony's: a P9 and a 828). Also a very big problem with the moiré. So there is only one answer for the superior result of the reviews: it can and should be used with far superior lenses (comparing the price range). And even so, like demonstrated in the Luminous Landscape site refering to a D60 Canon, the diferences are not obvious like the price tags should imply. So if the 828 is superior un results (same picture diferences only in light) the only diference is the use (like using an array of diferent lenses). Check any review with "lab" pictures. The 828 has the sharpness of and medical bistury even comparing it with professional grade lenses. To end if the 828 were launch today and real world use review and without any strings attached and after all the 8 megapixels out there i think that no one would refer , like in the begining, noise, purple fring, etc.

Sorry for the english, no my main language.
fsousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links