Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old May 30, 2004, 7:58 AM   #1

I've got DSC-P51. Does the camera read/support all types of the Memory Sticks,like Pro, Duoand things like that?

Is there any qualatitive differences between Sony and Sandisk sticks?
Jay Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 30, 2004, 8:34 PM   #2

Not sure but I stick with the Sony. I know you can buy Sandisc for less but I know Sony is good. I do have the Sandisc 8 in 1 memory reader and it works great.
duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 3:42 PM   #3

I believe most of Sony's cameras support Duo, however, you need the adapter stick for it.

When purchasing a MS with the SONY name on it, you're really just paying for the brand name. For the most part, all the Lexar, SanDisk, and Sony sticks are probably made at the same factory, just with different labels. They are essentially the same unit. So if you like the Sony brand name, keep purchasing it, but you can save some $$ by purchasing the Lexar or SanDisk. I have had no troubles whatsoever with my two 256MB Lexar sticks.
CheckSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 10:40 PM   #4

I agree. I have both Lexar and Sandisk 128's and 256's and a Sandisk 512. They all work very well. The Sandisk are memory stick pro on the 256 and 512 models. I also have the sandisk card reader and am really pleased with how handy it is.I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of them. Some card readers are not "pro" compatible so watch for that.

Trique Daddi

Sony DSC F717

Trique Daddi is offline   Reply With Quote