Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 8, 2004, 3:36 AM   #1

I am considering buying the HVL-F32X flash for my dsc-f828. Has anyone used this flash? Any insight about it or alternatives to it would be very much appreciated.
Josh101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2004, 12:26 PM   #2

I've had the HVL-F1000 for about a year now and just got my HVL-F32X. I like it so far but it does not rotate left or right. just up to 90 degrees to bounce. I still have the same need as with my HVL-F1000 to extend the short 10" cable so I can put either flash on a flash bracketto extend &rotate it to a position to shoot vertical portrait framed shots. As far as I know, Sony makes no such cable and no one else does either. This is absolutelyu ridiculus on Sony's part since they have "ACC" sockets on both of these flashes but make no accessory cables to utilize them. The proprietary 4 conductor 2.5mm plug is not something you can walk into RadioShack and find.A 4 conductor 6 foot cable with male plug on one end and raw wires on other end (part #CP-254S-ND) and also a tiny 4 conductor bare female socket with no housing (part #CP-42524SJ-ND) are available from a company called Digi-Key (phone# 800-344-4539) and I have ordered these parts to make my own extension cable but the plug and cable are straight and I would prefer to just purchase a 2 foot coiled extension cord ready made with a 90 degree male plug. Haven't found any on the planet yet.

dfraser is offline   Reply With Quote