Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 9, 2004, 4:47 PM   #1

I'm going crazy deciding between the two cameras. I thought I had made up my mind and had my heart set on the s60, but then people on the dpreview boards were complaining about softness in the corners because of the wide angle lens.

Here's what i'm looking for in a camera: excellent photo quality (this is my main concern), small size (i plan on getting a DSLR later, and this camera will supplement it), manual features... and add on lenses/filters would be a bonus

Things I'm not so concerned about: ergonomics, movie mode

Given the choice, which would you pick, and why?

Will the difference in photo quality between the two be noticable?
Tangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 9, 2004, 11:22 PM   #2

The Canon be sweet with the wide angle lens, that's for sure. I personally don't care for expensive proprietary batteries, but some people like them better-- go figure! You pay a 50% premium for the Memory Stick over the Compact Flash, which I wasn't thrilled about. The Canon gives you more manual control, if you like it, and manual white balance. But shutter lag was the big plus for the W1. I can't tell you how many times I have missed the shot because of shutter lag and that is why I put it on the top of my list. Truly, the Pxxx series was more feature rich, but I just didn't like how they felt. I like the clamshell, but I think the Canonlooks a bit tacky with the chrome.
Sinister Purpose is offline   Reply With Quote