Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 9, 2004, 5:14 PM   #1

Just inhereted a DSC-F717 from a friend for helping him forward his mail while he was away in JAPAN for the last year. (Currently owed UZI for last 1 1/2 years). The 717 appears to be in perfect condition.

717 seems like a dynamite camera. Have everything but the OEM CDROM (USB driver, Image Transfer & PixelaMixer software). Do I need to order this form Sony or is there a site from which to download these? (Note: OLY provides the USB driver & Camedia software as free download but Sony appears to only provide the USB drivers)

Do I need the Image Transfer software? (My computer has WIN98, WINME, WINXP).

Looks like WINXP sees DSC-F717 as USB PNP Device so I can just drag & drop the images to HDD. Does the OEM CDROM have utility software like the OLY Camedia software which provides for setting date, time, etc. in the camera from the computer?
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2004, 8:41 PM   #2

I haven't installed any part of the CD-ROM that came with my camera. I use Win-XP to save to the hard drive and photoshop 7 for working with my images and the Canon easy print that came with my printer. It's a great camera! Enjoy.
magicmike is offline   Reply With Quote