Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 19, 2004, 4:16 PM   #1

Hi, I like the Sony F828, but I'm concern if I buy it at this time something better will be out in another month or two. Does anybody know if Sony is bringing out a updated F828 soon. Also does the F828 capture goood action shots (race cars, roller coasters or whatever) ?If I should hold on to my Thousand Bucks for a while please let me know.

eddietee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2004, 11:57 AM   #2

:homey:Hi Eddietee

You are caught in the usual catch 22 situation. All manufacturers of digital cameras (and anything computer) breed new updated models faster than rabbits. If you wait, you`ll wait a bit longer, then you`ll wait a bit longer, then you`ll......... etc and you`ll never have a camera.

My advice. Set your top price range and consider about 10% more if absolutely necessary. Check different makes of cameras in that bracket in a reputable shop like Jessops making sure they know what you intend to use the camera for, make up your mind and shop around for that model.

I have a Sony F717 and it does all I want and I find no need to upgrade to an 828 although that is an excellent camera with a superb lens. The purple fringing argument is overdone from what I have found with friends who have that camera. Anyway there`s an easy way to get rid of it with Photoshop.

Hope this helps

Graham is offline   Reply With Quote