Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 22, 2004, 2:09 PM   #1

Sorry I posted this in the wrong thread before, but here goes...

Hi all, I recently purchased the Sony DSCW1 camera. I love it so far except for three really annoying things that I can't seem to figure out and Sony Support has just not been of any help

1. Focus Frame.
I am used to using a Canon S400 digital Elph. If I half press the shutter button, a green box appears on the LCD showing me exactly where the camera is focusing. The Sony has either a green box that stays in the middle or four brackets that surround a huge area of the LCD screen. Because of this I have taken photographs where the wrong item in the frame was in focus and the item I really wanted to have in focus, was blurred. Is there any way to get the Sony to have a green box that shows exactly where the camera is focusing?

2. Intrusive AF Assist Lamp
This thing is really too bright. It can be invasive to subjects you are trying to photograph eg, animals, artists at concerts etc. Any chance of changing the settings to reduce the brightness of this lamp or use settings that don't require that the lamp come on but still get that camera to focus?

3. Anyone have some settings recommendations for photographing Tennis on a bright sunny day. For example a shot of a player in the middle of a serve motion when they are just about to hit the ball? ISO? Exposure? Lighting? and everything else.

Thanks for the help in advance.
iBluetooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links