Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 8, 2004, 4:56 PM   #1

I own a 707 and have just recently brought a 828. I did a side by side comparison and found that at indoor or lower light conditions, eventhough both might choose the same F2.8, the 707 will have use a shutter speed of 30 while the 828 will use 8 which triggers the NR slow shutter function. The 828's picture will come out brighter but it would be out of focus because of the slow shutter speed. Most of the time if I don't use the flash or manually adj the aparture or turn down the exposure. And the pics will turn out grainly. I've never had that much prob with the 707.

As a result most of the indoor pictures, even in pretty well lighted condition, turn out to be out of focus. My brother's D70 or my friend's digital Rebel doesn't have this problem. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.
wolfwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2004, 10:52 AM   #2

I'm having the identical issue.

I shoot indoors using two lowel tota lamps to provide hard lighting. This method worked great with my 717, but my 828 is getting blurry pics when I try it. It seems that the exposure may be staying open too long or something.

I'm on the verge of going back to my 717 and getting rid of the 828.

Does anyone know a way to fix this?
RubberRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2004, 1:24 PM   #3

What ISOs are you shooting at with the 707 and the 828? 1/30 to 1/8 is a 2 stop difference, and remember that the lowest ISO on the 828 is ISO64, and the 707 only goes down to ISO100, so that might explain part of the problem.

If you want a faster shutter speed with the 828, bump up your ISO to 200 or 400.
Zal is offline   Reply With Quote