Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 18, 2004, 9:51 AM   #1

Does anyone know how to get the Mavica cd1000 to work with XP. I've read conflicting reports that it won't work, it will work with win2000 drivers, and I've tried it all. No go!

I'd hate to think Sony would let a good camera go unused just because of Microsoft.

Any help at all will be appreciated. Thanks
Tpau is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 29, 2005, 8:02 PM   #2

OK, as a public service announcemnt - this is what I've discovered.

We're talking about getting images from the CD1000 into XP without finalizing the disk, either using the drive or USB.

For uninitialized cds, I found Roxio, Nero etc. to be no answer. I found the USB drivers available at different sites to be useless.

My answer is software called CDRoller. http://www.cdroller.com/You can read and download uninitialized CDsstarted in yourSony Mavica CD1000. Then popthe CDback into the camera and your good to go, just like the pre-XP days.

The good: You can download and try CD Roller before purchase. It will tell you if it can perform the transfers succesfully.

The Bad. It'sslow to do the initial read, you have to be patient. And, its licensecosts $29.

It took a rediculously long time to find this work around. I hope this is helpful to someone.

texastommy is offline   Reply With Quote